Athabasca and Area Prevention of Relationship Abuse Action Committee
1. Collaborative: work together toward an intersection of common goals and shared vision, by sharing knowledge, learning and building consensus in a climate of trust and respect.
2. Inclusive: acknowledge and nurture the ever changing diversity of the community in such a way that each person may feel included, addressed and equally valued by identifying and minimizing barriers to participation.
3. Consultative: work together with community partners and experts, to provide best practices including a multi-level support network approach.
4. Grounded in a rural perspective: options must be rooted in the local knowledge and led by community members to be effective strategies, mindful of the complexities of the issues relating to relationship abuse.
5. Holistic: approaches and practices will address the social, economic, cultural and ecological dimension of personal and community well-being in responding to and preventing relationship abuse.
6. Accountable: committing to excellence in shared responsibilities; empowering individuals to advocate for prevention and personal/community responses to address relationship abuse.